I received a letter from your office, but I've paid my rent?
If you are a tenant and your landlord has hired our firm to start an action against you, we are not able to speak to you outside of court. Should your landlord’s records indicate an outstanding balance, you will receive a petition from our office that will instruct you when and where to answer the allegations.
¿Se habla español?

Si, se habla español.

Who do I make checks out to?

Please make all checks payable to Cooper & Paroff P.C.

Do I have to be in court?

While our clients are welcome to come to court with us, it is not necessary to appear unless specifically asked. We will usually request that our clients appear if the case goes to trial or inquest. We will always notify you if your presence is required.

What documents should I bring to court?

This depends on the case, but we usually require at least a  certified copy of the deed and a copy of the lease. Any other documentation such as canceled checks that may add to your case are welcome.

Where can I get a certified copy of my deed?

You can get a certified copy of your deed from any Borough City Register Office Monday to Friday from 9AM to 4:30PM


Queens City Register Office
144-06 94 Avenue
Jamaica, NY 11435


Manhattan City Register Office
66 John Street, 13th Floor
New York, NY 10038


Brooklyn City Register Office
210 Joralemon Street, 2nd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201


Bronx City Register Office
3030 Third Avenue, Room 280
Bronx, NY 10455


Office of the Richmond County Clerk
130 Stuyvesant Place, 2nd Floor
Staten Island, New York 10301
(718) 675-7700

How will I find my attorney in court?

We have attorneys in court every day. If you do not see your attorney, they may just be in another room. Just stay in the room your case is scheduled in. When one of our attorneys is able to take the case, we will appear and call out your name.

How long does a warrant take to issue?

Recently the courts have been backed up with warrant requests and can take 3 to 4 weeks to issue a warrant. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to expedite the process.